That may be a slight exaggeration. But only a very slight one. The power was out for a few hours yesterday. Many hours yesterday. A few. Four. And the phone, cable, and internet didn't come back until this afternoon. Making the electricity pointless anyway. Not to mention the fiery bolts of lightening and teeth rattling thunder crashes.
Did you all have utility challenges? I find the storms we've endured completely unreasonable. I know you do too.
Big weekend, people. Bruins Game 5 tonight. We haven't done any hockey talk around here. But, as you know, I've been a huge hockey fan since approximately 2008, when we first got a fancy HD flat screen tv and I could see the puck for the first time ever. The game sprung to life, I tell you. Sprung to life. I have a pal who insists that even that's nothing compared to seeing a game in person. Can you imagine? Because I can't imagine.
What else? Belmont Stakes tomorrow. I know there's not a lot of interest when there's no Triple Crown contender, but I enjoy it. I'm looking hard at Monzon.
Look how pretty!

He's by Thunder Gulch out of a Mr. Prospector/Danzig granddaughter. That means he's built for the distance, people. Awesome.
Keep in mind, my analysis is all about choosing someone to root for. I don't actually do any betting and I'm not recommending you do either.
I don't think we have Friday Night Lights tonight. Just between you and I, I'll miss Coach and Mrs. Coach like crazy, not to mention Miss Julie Taylor who is making all kinds of wrong choices right now, but I could use a chance to catch my breath. It's such a busy time for me.
Could we maybe talk about books next time? I've got to get organized. I've also got a shoe situation that I could use some help with.
Challenges
No comments:
Post a Comment