Two days until the Westminster Kennel Club dog show and I'm finding myself very excited. Based on absolutely nothing. After all, I'm totally out of touch with the breed ring. But I will be watching with all of my babies around me. Maybe we'll even warm up with a screening of Best in Show. Which may be the funniest movie ever. I wonder if the Greyhound Trisha and Garth are backing will be there? Or that Covy-Tucker Hill German Shepherd Dog, which brings back such fond memories?
In any case, I'm praying for good health and safe travel for all of the exhibitors, their dogs, judges, stewards, and countless volunteers who make this show possible. It's a treasure. A treasure.
That being said, how awesome is this chic trench ? I think it's just short enough to avoid the circus tent look, which, in my experience, is a hazard of the trench. But you've got to persevere and find the right one for you because, really, is there anything better? It's an essential element of our wardrobe, ladies. Essential.