Winter is long. Every year it’s long. And every year I’m surprised by that. Restlessly, I pace from one drafty window to the next watching for the forsythia and mud that constitutes Spring. Finding neither, I plop down on the couch with dogs and catalogs and plan for sunnier days.
This is what I’ll be wearing:
Romantic Blouses with Literary Names
The Byron Tunic? The Ophelia Blouse? I’m yours. How could I not be when you market to me like that? Sure, I can’t justify spending that kind of money on a shirt that I'll, inevitably, spill coffee down the front of or get muddy paws on, but I have all kinds of time to wait for these pretty things to go on sale because of the whole it doesn't-really-get-warm-until-The-Fourth-of-July phenomenon that is Connecticut.
The White Jean
A friend I respect dearly is decidedly anti-white jean. And she's not alone. But I've got to do what feels right. The white jean is the perfect way for me to keep covered up while still looking seasonally appropriate. Plus, the white jean is an ally of The Romantic Blouse. Gap Long & Lean jeans work best for me. Of course they're not showing them in white yet because Memorial Day is still a long way off and Gap's mama raised Gap right. But surely you're familiar with the color white. Just picture it. (I know. Melanie would never do that to you.)
Harness Boots
I already have these, but just wanted to state my intention to continue wearing them. Actually, I have a very inexpensive pair from Target that Melanie showed us on one of her Fashion Friday posts. I was skeptical that inexpensive boots would be a good idea and worried that I might not feel sufficiently feminine, but I gave it a try since they were just so cute and, anyway, I've really come to trust people whose blogs I've read but have never met or spoken to. Well, low and behold, it was a wise decision. I wear them practically every day. If I ever had to replace my harness boots, I'd go with these which are exactly like my boots from Target- only $183 more expensive. Pricey, but turns out they're an important wardrobe staple. Then I'd just discretely grab these while they're on sale and put them away until seasonally appropriate.
Pretty Jewelry
I think the key here is to not get to0 delicate. I think these with this and this would get me off to a pretty good start.
So, I guess, in summary, I want to be a cowgirl. Minus the hard work and dirt. Plus a lot of wandering through fields reading Shelley and Keats and looking up at the clouds. Wish me luck, won't you?