
Swim lessons were a delightful surprise. I was kind of being a snob about our town pond and was resistant to enroll Lauren, but it was a terrific experience. Lauren's swim teacher was a dream. He knew just the right approach to take with her and was kind enough to check in with me and keep me apprised of her progress. Additionally, I met some really nice people while I spectated. I was particularly impressed by the fella who runs the whole show. He's taken it upon himself to record the history of the site and was sweet enough to share old photos and stories with me. His dream is to develop hiking trails around the pond and preserve the remnants of a 19th century fabric finishing factory. Can you imagine? My dreams tend not to involve doing kind things for others. I'm so grateful that there are people in this world better than me.
Lauren also took tennis lessons this summer. I don't think I've mentioned that. She hardly ever got the ball over the net, but her grunt is hilarious. My friend W's daughter took lessons, too, and it was nice for us all to be able to spend some time together. FYI- W is killing me at Words with Friends. Killing me. So far she's beaten me four games to nothing and she's ahead by seven points in our current game. I hate losing, but I can't stop. WwF is crazy addictive. My user name is BallGown. If you've got a poor vocabulary and you'd like to challenge me, feel free.
And now a word about Friday Night Lights. I'm going to need something happy to happen. And right quick. The darkness is bringing me down. I'm even ready for Becky and Tim to get together. Lyla always wanted Tim to be more than he was, but Becky thinks he's terrific. Tim could really use that kind of support right about now. Of course he'll need to get out of jail first. See? Dark.
In dog news, Scout's not feeling well. She's already got a $300 limp so I was not impressed when she came down with a little stomach issue tonight. Hopefully she bounce right back. I'll let you know.
Friday, July 30, 2010
A Quick Word
Last day of swimming lessons today. We celebrated by going for ice cream with Lauren's sweet friend Maggie and Maggie's little sister Emmie. In addition to being in swim class together, Maggie and Lauren are good pals from kindergarten and I know she'll miss her as they go their separate ways in first grade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment