Saturday, September 25, 2010

What I Ate for Dinner

I've only got a few minutes before I have to knock out a my school assignments.

If I don't, who will? I don't understand those kids. They don't want to do anything. Anything. The syllabus has already been eviscerated. My poor teacher.

You've worn me down. I'm only assigning two stories. Please, please read them.

And then we've got to write a teeny weeny little paper and half the class has to turn in a fiction assignment. That's it. That's it. That's it.

My teacher attached a short story from The New Yorker to the last assignment she handed back to me. She said it reminded her of what I had written. You know, the tone, etc. I thought that was just the sweetest thing. She does that kind of thing. So how can you just not read the assignments, not turn in your work, etc?

Anyhow, I really just wanted to talk about what I've been eating. Because I've had two really good dinners in a row.

Last night I went out for drinks and sushi with W. She doesn't share. Which is awesome. Her's was her's. Mine was mine. I could eat at my own pace. We didn't reach for the wasabi at the same time. You go ahead. No, you. No one insisted the other one take the last piece of Monarch Roll, etc. It was a refreshing delight.

I got the Sweet Potato Tempura Roll, the California Roll, and a Goliath Rex Chardonnay.

Tonight I just wanted cold wine and bread. (Where the heck is the cold front accompanied by gusty winds that NBC30 promised me this morning?) But I've got these people I've got to feed so I also put out dates, olives, cheese, mustard, and prosciutto. Good, right?

So those were my two awesome dinners.

And Yale beat Cornell 21-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment