A) Thank you for noticing,
B) I know, and
C) I don't think I can blog anymore.
Everything's changed. I don't know what to say about it. Mostly I write to make sense of things and, frankly, regarding actual interpersonal communication, it's easier to blog once than to email a dozen times, but I'm never alone anymore to let my mind wander and pull a narrative out of anything, so... OK, that's not entirely true. I'm alone in the car driving to and from work, but I mostly listen to NPR and try not to get crashed into. It's not optimal writing time.
This is a problem, not just for the blog, but for the fiction writing class I'm taking. I haven't shared anything with you about the class. Or my job. For now let's just talk about what I've done this weekend like we're used to.
Today we went to Yale's home opener. Football. I'm referring to football.
Lauren wasn't that into it. She said it was interesting at first, but then it got boring.

Unfortunately, her restlessness made it hard for me to watch the game. But I did my best and was rewarded mightily. Despite being buried in their own territory, Yale made a thrilling fourth quarter comeback and beat Georgetown 40-35.
They're Ivy League kids. Failure is inconceivable and so they make thrilling fourth quarter comebacks. It's who they are.
You should go. Parking was $5 today, but I'm sure that's a brand new thing. Maybe just for opening day. Tickets are $8 for adults. Kids under 12 are free. You can sit anywhere you want and the Yale Bowl has wooden bleachers so it's not all crazy noisy in the stadium. Fantastic. The half time show is usually very entertaining, clever. Not today, but usually. Can you imagine a whole afternoon of fun like that for just $21? Go.
Then we came home and I ran out again to run errands.
Now I'm tired and sunburned and relaxing on the couch. When Mr. Blyleaf is done putting Lauren to bed, we'll probably watch either Couples' Retreat or Sherlock Holmes. Both are probably pretty bad, but we're going to try. Do you know what I watched recently that was really good? 500 Days of Summer. I think it's 500, anyway. Very sweet and funny. Watch it.
I'm awfully bossy tonight. Sorry.
OK, that's it. Do you see why I have to stop? I have nothing to give.
No comments:
Post a Comment