Monday, October 18, 2010

My Weekend Was Very Likely Better Than Yours

There's plenty of awesome to go around. I'm just saying.

OK. Friday I took Lauren straight to my mother's house after school for a double sleepover, headed back home to pick up MB, nearly got into an altercation with a constable who got very aggressive with his town issued glow sticks, and landed at my favorite restaurant for a relaxing dinner which, after all that, I totally deserved. I got sushi. MB had the Sea Bass. I've got to tell you, I'm so grateful to W for breaking me out of the whole sushi is meant to be shared meme. I'm operating under a whole new paradigm and it's changed my life forever.

Saturday. Yale Football. It was cold and windy, but we had a nice bottle of wine and a lovely bagel situation going for our tailgate. Yale couldn't kick a field goal to save their lives (which had nothing to do with the wind, by the way), but it all worked out in the end. And those sweet boys did try their very best. Everyone's hurt right now so it was a huge challenge. Yale beat Fordham 7-6. They've got Penn next weekend. It's going to be huge. Can't wait.

After the game we tried to go to the movies, but couldn't find The Romantics anywhere. I don't know what that's about. The book was a disaster, sure. I don't think I made it past the one hundred page mark, but I really wanted to see the movie. It would be super helpful if someone would please show it.

Sunday morning we had breakfast at home and I gave up my hunting shows to watch a DVD I've been saving for the exact perfect time. The City of Your Final Destination. Y'all, please watch it. Oh, it was so good. I read the book this summer and loved it. The movie is an Ivory/Merchant (OK, just Ivory, but you know) deal so you know how pretty it was. Oh, so great. The New York Times said the screenplay lacks the nuggets of illumination that lend a Chekhov play its universality, but you can come up a little short of Chekhov and still be pretty good, no? I, for one, am totally leaving for Uruguay in the morning.

After that we went up to the bookstore. Wandered around. Did some Christmas shopping. Drank boatloads of coffee. It was good.

Then Lauren came home in a hilarious mood and we were super happy to have her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment