Monday, October 25, 2010

Where I'm Ravaged by Flu-like Symptoms

Y'all, I'm recovering from a flu-like situation. Who feels bad for me?

Hooray! You're amazing.

Let me ask you something else. Would you have dragged me out of bed to take you to the car place at seven o'clock on Saturday morning?

I knew you wouldn't.

So I missed the big game. Yale lost. I tried listening to it on the radio, but I fell asleep near the end on account of the flu-like virus was having its way with me and football is as boring as your mother to listen to. I think they've just got Princeton and Columbia left at home. I could travel to a game too, but I think that would just be too much. It's not even my school. Obviously. I mean, I know I throw an Ivy vibe what with the drinking and my passion for loafers, but they don't even ask you about that on the application. Bizarre.

Oh, my gosh. So then Sunday I was all excited because I was invited to sit with the Swami for chanting and meditation and deep yogic wisdom. (Hmm. Seems totally crazy when you type it out like that.)But the location hadn't been determined. So all weekend I was OCD checking my email like a crazy person, and finally after making phone calls and sending emails, etc. it occurred to me to check the invite and, sure enough, the Swami's coming next month. That's next month. November. Which means I ended up doing exactly nothing this weekend except boring homework.

If you're wondering how the story's coming, speaking of homework, I still have no idea how it will end, but they're in the car headed up to the Berkshires for an amazingly glamorous literary conference. If something interesting doesn't happen there, I give up. There's only so much I can do for these people. Fiction is completely ridiculous. You've got to make everything up. It's completely unrealistic.

Heehee. At least I make myself laugh.

Wait, wait. I did do something Sunday. I almost forgot. MB's parents were coming for a visit so I dragged my flu-ravaged self out of the bed and got all clean and pretty for the first time in days and sought refuge at the B&N. But it was too soon. I had no business being out. I stayed as long as I could, but when my tummy just couldn't take it anymore I headed back home. And there they still were. They stayed for nearly four hours, y'all. Why? We're not that interesting. Holy cow. I went right up to bed. I wasn't in the mood to fake it.

I'm much better now, thank you. Very good because I've got a super busy week at work. They gave me an additional assignment with a hard deadline that is seriously cutting into my Starbucks break time. Frowny face.

No comments:

Post a Comment