This week is never ending. I've been through the ringer. Wait...ringer? Wringer? I don't know, but this week has been hard. Hard.
I thought I was having a bright moment in the elevator at work with Mr. Blyleaf and a colleague. But, of course, elevators are bad news and this one was no different.
Our colleague was all, You know, I have to tell you [me, not MB] you look just like Dana Delany.
So of course I respond with genuine fake humility, Reallllly? Noooooo! Do you think? [hair flip, pose, hair flip] You are so sweet!
Then I got back to my desk and it occurred to me China Beach was on kind of a long time ago. There's a good chance Dana Delany is near 50 by now.
Yeah, make that 56.
So thank you gal in the elevator. I can totally handle that. In fact, it's no problem at all since I'm absolutely not the sort of person who is going to obsess over being compared to a woman twenty(ish) years my senior for approximately ever.
And that was Tuesday.
Should we talk next about how ocd I got over the macaroons I had to contribute to a potluck? It's a sad story involving three grocery stores, some crying, and me in the kitchen at 5 o'clock in the morning whipping up a chocolate chip cookie alternative.
So skip it, then? Alright.
But I would just like to quickly say, to a certain person who shall remain nameless, that when a girl is totally cracking under the pressure of having to schlep something delicious, impressive, and room temperature all the way to Hartford to feed temporary colleagues who she's trying to make permanent colleagues, it may not be the time to suggest she lighten up.
She may not be open to receiving your suggestion in that moment.
I'm just saying.
Also, I've pretty much had enough of being screamed at by a very fresh six year old who refuses to sleep in her own bed.
For good news, there's this.
The Kentucky Derby is Saturday. Hooray! Isn't that one of the best days of the whole year? I'm thinking maybe country ham and biscuits, pecan pie, mint juleps? It could be good. For horses I'm torn between Archarcharch and Twinspired. Fair warning though, for me choosing horses is a lot like choosing a line at the grocery store. The one I commit to will be the slowest. You can put money on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment