If you're not familiar with Jesse Stone, I'd encourage you to check him out. Jesse Stone is a surly, damaged cop who's seen too much. He's retreated to a quiet New England town where he alternately fishes and sits in the dark in a leather chair in his cabin, drinking brown liquor, Golden Retriever at his feet, haunted by his past. (Jesse Stone, not the Golden Retriever.) Kathy Baker is in love with him. (Again, Jesse Stone, not the Golden Retriever.) But Jesse Stone can't love her back. He's damaged, hardened. Jesse Stone will never love any woman as much as he loves the job.
And if William Devane reprises his role as Dr. Dix, well I just don't know what I'll do.
Fantastic!
FYI- if Jesse Stone were a woman, Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost would be playing on Lifetime. But Jesse Stone is a man so he's on network tv.
Go figure.
So what else?
Friday night we went to an awesome art show at Lauren's school. I even got her to wear a dress! (She's been dressing herself and it hasn't been pretty.)
Pretty close, right?

After that, Lauren went home with my mother for a double sleepover and Mr. Blyleaf and I headed over to our favorite restaurant for sushi and beer.
Perfection!
Saturday we did some things around the house then headed out of town for lunch and to wander around the bookstore with a latte.
Look who was at the bookstore waiting for me...

Suffice it to say, I'm more I love than ever. (With Kyle Chandler) He's quite possibly the perfect man. If he reads, that is. The article doesn't cover that. I'm just going to assume he's got a huge stack of books by his bed.
Then we went home to watch the Preakness and Bruins (taped) with a bottle of wine and Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam cheese.
The Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam totally lives up to the hype, FYI. So smooth and rich and buttery. It really was exquisite.
Which was nice since the Bruins lost and Sway Away came in 12th.
Today was mostly a lot of errands and we did manage to go out to eat again-- we never eat out as much as we did this weekend. And now, like I said, I'm getting ready for Jesse Stone, so don't think my night will be anything less than fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment