Monday, May 23, 2011

I'd never belong to a club that would have me as a member-- unless I was Jesse Stone

What am I blogging about tonight? I've got very little material to work with.

Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost was awesome. I couldn't watch the whole thing because the Red Sox were vying for my attention. That and I fell asleep in the middle of it. But the beauty of Jesse Stone is, falling asleep is pretty much the same thing as watching Jesse Stone.

Here's what's on my mind tonight. I have a friend who has suggested we start a writing group. I think it's a good idea. As essential as writing may be to a meaningful existence, it can be awfully hard to prioritize. Having a group of like-minded people to whom one must be accountable helps.

She wants me to take the lead in the whole organization/getting it up and running part. That's no problem. I'm actually very organizy. But I suck at people-related things and I'm not real sure where I'm going to get participants.

Maybe I should mention it on Facebook or send out a Twitter or something. But then I'd have to be on Facebook and/or Twitter and I just don't see that happening. I do occasionally look at the Twitter to see what Steve Martin has to say. But he's really the only person on the whole Internet who's halfway interesting.

That's not true. I read a handful of really good blogs.

What was I talking about?

Right. The writing group I'm starting.

If you're interested in joining, please don't let me know. I think it needs to happen by invitation only. Because I only want to talk writing and take advice from super cool, uber-talented people.

In other words, I'm starting a group that I won't let anyone join.

Doesn't that feel just about right? Very healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment