Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorializing my memorial day memories

This weekend was too big (wicked 'uge) for a recap. I spent a good part of it surveying my property on horseback, of course. Then I mostly watched tennis.

In between I lounged around with my peeps.



And made my kid paint the barn.



I'm kidding. I didn't even have to make her. She loooooves manual labor. And she's an awesome painter.



The loving manual labor part is true. Here she is helping Mr. Blyleaf build the new gate to the field.



She picked that outfit out all by herself, FYI. Fetching, no?

Did anyone watch the official national Memorial Day thing on PBS? Just about killed me when they brought the actors out to do the monologues. Jason Ritter (Mr. Cyr!!!) was touching in an adorable way-- he can't help it. Forest Whitaker was amaaaazing! And Dianne Wiest totally pushed me over the edge.

Gosh, I love soldiers.

Should I tell you about my book idea? Probably not. I don't think I'm ready.

As one might expect from an awesomely huge weekend, I did fifty gagillion other things, too, but I can't describe all of them because it's hard to make eating bagels and reading the paper and going to the bookstore interesting.

So, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment