I thought I'd check in last night for a quick Friday Night Lights recap, but I didn't quite make it. I was exhausted from happiness.
It did break my heart to see Tim in prison. Sweet boy. It should be Billy in that horrid, putty-color jumpsuit.
But there were so many terrific moments. Here are my favorites:
Coach was my coach, Billy.
Tammy doing a beauty pageant wave when she was introduced at East Dillon.
Doreen telling Becky's dad she'd packed him "Lunchables, Red Bull, and Nicorette." Can you imagine?
Crucifixtorious's "Last Waltz"
He's a white kid.
What's his name?
Hastings Ruggle
What the hell kind of name is Ruggle?
Welsh.
FYI- this new fella is going to be a delight. So adorable with his knit hat and plaid-- like he lives in Austin and recycles. Love it!
Why don't you come try out for us?
Because then I'd have to deal with a bunch of roided up geeks trying to hit me.
Football's stupid? What's stupid about football?
For starters, it celebrates the worst instincts of American culture.
Yes, I'm stealing a basketball player. But I'm doing it one step at a time.
Matt's Grandma holding up her blood pressure cuff and telling Landry she listens to Crucifixtorious on it.
Coach in a green t-shirt, no hat, sitting at the kitchen table the night before Julie leaves for college-- has he ever looked more handsome? Oh, Coach.
But totally unrealistic that Mr. & Mrs. Coach let Julie drive herself off to college.
Football's a lot more fun than a physical examination of the colon.
I've got cobbler!
It was sort of unrealistic that Luke's parents went out of town. They're ranchers. They don't go out of town.
You know you're an idiot.
I know it.
Julie and Landry at The Landing Strip.
It looks like Coach Taylor is sending in #88. That's Ruck...Ruckle...Buckle. Ruggle, Hastings Ruggle.
Oh look at this one-- fancy-schmancy.
All the product placement was kind of distracting. I do hate that about this show. Only Underarmor, Whataburger, and Schutt were listed in the credits as receiving promotional consideration. But during the show I also noticed Kinkos, Red Bull, Lunchables, Nicorette, and Chevy. Interestingly, when Julie and Landry were drinking in a parking lot, their bottles were turned away from us so we couldn't see the labels. Is that because the producers were queasy about under-age drinking and didn't want to commit to what was in the beer-looking bottles, or had they just not sold the placement? I don't know.
Finally, I have to admit that I watched the previews several times-- in slow motion. I was especially interested in the our-daughter-slept-with-another-woman's-husband part. Whaaaaaat?
Oh, it's going to be so good. I think we're in for an amazing fifth, and final, season.
No comments:
Post a Comment