A couple of months or weeks ago or something, I went to see Divine Rivalry at Hartford Stage with a boy from my creative writing class. He's 23. Yeah, that's how I roll. I'm kidding. He's 24. Don't hate. Okay, seriously. He's just this sweet boy. It was completely above board.
The play was fun. The lighting was great and one of the actors was good. Also, I loved the table that pretend Michelangelo kept all of his painting supplies on and would really like it for my dining room. It had a gutsy, industrial quality that really appealed to me. Never mind.
Anyway, fast forward, fast forward. So tonight I'm sitting here minding my business and some fella from Hartford Stage calls to say he hoped I enjoyed the show and do I have plans to see anything else?
A) Yes, I did. B) No, I don't.
Because I've got kind of a lot going on with the whole spring footwear situation. Boy from Hartford Stage obviously doesn't read my blog.
So then, completely ignorant of my far more pressing dilemma, he goes on to offer me some ticket thing, which obviously I could see coming. But, here's the thing... the very hilarious thing... he kept saying "entice." What would entice you to come back? 39 Steps, Gem of the Ocean...do any of those shows entice you? Would you be at all enticed by a free ticket? Now are you feeling enticed?
You're not laughing, are you? I knew it. But it was funny to me which is why I laughed until I cried. Right then. On the phone. I probably started giggling at the second entice and was hysterical by the hundred and second. Poor boy. No one has really ever laughed at me before, he said. Which made me laugh harder. Although I did feel terrible way down deep inside. Way down deep. Underneath the hilarious laughter. Holy mackerel.
They should call more often.
Finally, I'll just say a quick happy birthday to Jason Varitek. Who also doesn't read this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment