Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow is a pain in my ass

She is.

Did you get your GOOP newsletter this morning? (OK, so I bring it on myself.) It's not enough that she's thin and rich and blond with little English children and a rock-star husband. She has a cook book now. A cook book.(FYI- apparently everyone other than me eventually gets a book deal. Congratulations!) To celebrate its release, she made dinner for 60, that's six-teeee, friends and foodies.




So irritating.

I don't even know 60 friends and/or foodies. I mean, I know this boy named Pete who makes pretty good mac & cheese. But I'm not sure I could get him to come to a dinner party.

If you're interested, she (her people) made Duck Ragu.

That requires, among other things, 1 large organic duck (or, like, 60 large organic ducks if you're Gwyneth)-- washed and dried (as if you'd seriously bathe this thing even if you could find one), 4 slices of duck bacon (what?), 1 cup of Italian red wine, as well as pappardelle and Gremolata bread crumbs.

I don't even know what the fuck those last two things are. Maybe if I moved to Fairfield County. Then it would be my personal chef's problem.

Oh, but wait...

Gremolata Bread Crumbs
2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted and coarsely ground
Zest of 2 lemons
1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Small pinch of coarse salt
Toss everything together.

This is one of those trick cookbooks that contain recipes within recipes. Bitch.

I'll probably buy it. It's like $15 on Amazon. Shut up-- you know you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment