Lauren, who is the boss of me, hasn't slept in her own room for months. I can't even discuss it. Seriously. I've written a bunch of drafts, but can't seem to tackle this subject without devolving into a whimpering mess. I'm ready to check into any Four Seasons. Anywhere. Just for the quiet and the sleep. And the roomservice. And the spa.
So the weekend.
Friday we had a playdate. Our first playdate ever. I know, I know.
Here's Lauren waiting for her friend to arrive...
Turns out "playdates" are the same thing as having a friend come over to play. It's not, like, a whole big thing.
I didn't know that.
And when you've got a first grader, it's permissible to just drop her off. So you don't have to make small talk with the mom. I mean, this mom was cool so she could have stayed and it would have been fine, but you can't count on that.
Frankly, it was like a little vacation for me. The girls just played and played. With each other. All I had to do was supervise. So great.
I'm not sure what else happened this weekend, but at some point it was Easter.
Here's Lauren on the big Easter egg hunt...
And that's all I've got to give. I'm wiped out, people. Wiped out.
No comments:
Post a Comment