Friday, June 4, 2010

Fashion Friday: The Money Can't Buy You Class Edition

Oh, you precious, precious Real Housewives of New York!

I don't even care that LuAnn's song is terrible. I give her a lot of credit for trying new things. It's hard to put yourself out there, but she is. Good for her. I only wish, selfishly, she was with Courte. Maybe there's still hope. In the mean time, I'm sure this David Schwimmer looking Jacques fella will do fine. French is good.

I loved loud, drunk Sonja at the CD launch party. No, listen to me. Listen. Wait! Wait! Shhhhh. Liiiiisten. Oh, Sonja, we've all been there.

Alex looked so pretty at the vow renewal thing. I love Alex and Simon. Seeing him work the room at the vow renewal gave me the greatest idea. Rather than greet someone by double kissing and giving a meaningless compliment like Oh, you look so pretty, as the housewives all do, Simon switched it up. He narrated his own action as he approached Jill to say hello. He walked right up to her and said, "I'm going to say hello to my darling Jill Zarin." Followed of course by the double kiss. Look for me to do that this weekend. "I'm going to say hello to my darling Britney's Mom." Kiss. Kiss.

In other entertainment news, did you all see the video on Huffington Post of Gwyneth Paltrow eating a taco? That's not even a euphemism. She literally ate a taco and recorded it for the world to see. Like who doesn't know how to assemble a taco and take a bite? Of course, for six minutes I sat there like a dummy watching her. So, really, who's the one with the problem?

The taco extravaganza is probably from her blog GOOP. If you don't already read GOOP, I'd encourage you to check it out. It's full useful information like where to satisfy your fresh poultry needs while in London (C. Lidgate) and the proper way to wake up in the morning. (Abandon your alarm clock. Instead, opt for a dawn simulation machine to gently rouse you from sleep.) She just wants to help us live our best lives and I know she doesn't mean to be condescending when, in the course of helping us assemble our Spring wardrobes, she tells us she found the best store ever and it's in Long island "of all places."

It's a treasure. A treasure!

Oh, my gosh! I almost forgot. You'll never guess what happened at yoga last night. Black Socks Guy brought his (grown up) son with him. Isn't that fantastic? I didn't really get a chance to get too good of a look, but one detail did jump out at me. The son of Black Socks Guy also wears the black socks. Oh, yes! God is good and worthy to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment