I'm kind of vaguely in a Room of One's Own situation right now. Domestic responsibilities are filling every waking hour. Plus my resume has been requested by Wednesday. It's not just a time thing either. I'm sort of extremely introverted and really can't form a thought when I have people all around me, even my own people.
For example, Mr Blyleaf had Friday off so we went to the coast and were busy all day which was great, but by the time I made dinner, cleaned up, fed the dogs, put Lauren to bed, and watched Friday Night Lights (and a little bit of the NHL Draft. Somehow, despite trying to distance myself from sports, I find I know way too much about things like hockey drafts.) I was just depleted and craving time alone to recharge. I did force myself to write a Fashion Friday post but had to kill it because it was just beyond terrible. Seriously, even worse than this. The fact is, having someone on the couch right next me really hinders my creativity. No offense to the specific guy on my particular couch.
Normally, I knock out a post after I drop Lauren at school, but now that summer is here everything is more complicated. The solution seems always to be wake up earlier. Wake up earlier to exercise, wake up earlier to write, wake up earlier to do yoga, wake up earlier to watch the news in peace (We've got a great local newscast that begins at 4:30. Isn't that fantastic?), wake up earlier to read, wake up earlier to do anything that requires uninterrupted quiet. So all of that waking up earlier brings us to like 3 in the morningish. And since I don't sleep well sometimes I am up that early, but it's unrealistic to think I can do that every day.
Let's see, is there anything else in my privileged life I need to complain about? Maybe freedom of speech and clean drinking water. Come back tomorrow and you can read all about how irritated I am to have access to quality health care.
In my defense, the dew point is hovering somewhere around like 75ish. Plus, I'm a total ass.
I do have so much to share with you all. We need to talk about FNL, my trip to the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art, the book I just finished that nearly killed me called One Day, progress on the gluten-free front, how my Bible study on Ruth is destroying me, Al & Tipper and marriage in general, and, oh, I think I've figured out men. Seriously. I had an epiphany during Friday Night Lights. I just need some quiet time to get it all down.
I already can't wait for my class to start in the fall. I don't know about you, but I find there's nothing like having paid tuition to legitimize your priorities. So look for an update at around 3 a.m. Or September.
No comments:
Post a Comment