I watched it again. American Idol. Thankfully, it was only on for an hour so I could devote my full attention to the third period of the Bruins. As well as the overtime period. The period in which they lost. To Toronto. Toronto. I know.
I can't discuss it.
So, Idol. That's what I should start calling it, right? If I'm a regular viewer? Idol? I might as well get the lingo down because obviously I can't stop myself.
Is it just me getting chills up an down my arms whenever Crystal Bowersox performs? I was skeptical last night. I heard those first few chords, bars, notes, whatevers of that horrible Tracy Chapman song and I thought, Oh, no! That horrible Tracy Chapman song! But I loved it the way Crystal Bowersox sang it. So great. It's like she's already a professional. How old is she? What I wouldn't give for that kind of poise. I don't even need the talent. Just the poise. Well, maybe a smidgen of the talent.
I was also crazy about that gal who sang The Story. You know, the one sitting down on the edge of the stage. Well, I guess it would have to be the the edge, wouldn't it. She'd look kind of odd rocking it chris-cross-applesauce in the dead center of the stage. (Note to people as old as me, but who do not yet have kids in school: Indian Style is now referred to as chris-cross-applesauce. I don't know. I guess someone must have complained.) Anyway, I'm getting my hair cut at the end of the month and I seriously may inquire about adding a few pink strands. Didn't The Story gal look adorable? Her style is one to emulate. And I think the pink may counterbalance the effect of driving around town in a minivan. That's right, minivan. I promise we bought it for the dogs. We've got crates in the back. We do.
I'm finding the other Idol stand out to be the lip gloss. What do they put on those gals? It's like this crazy sparkle gloss on top of whatever color they're wearing. Sparkles like I've never seen! I love it! (Check out those exclamation points. I'm dead serious here.) They're all wearing it. Even Kara. But not Ellen. It must not be by Cover Girl.
Speaking of Kara, didn't she have on the most amazing blouse last night? I'm generally not a fan of bejewelled, but this was just terrific. And the perfect berry color perfectly complimented her complexion. I'm looking for a photo to show you. So far, no luck.
So, to recap: Crystal Bowersox, pink hair, lip gloss, Kara's shirt.
Clearly you've come to the right place for in depth musical analysis.