Nothing I tell you here will be groundbreaking. Or even entertaining. I'm sure of it. I just want to share a resource.
I have two seating areas in my living room. One is around the fireplace. The other is around the TV. I won't tell you which one gets more use. Sadly, the off white sofas that anchor each seating area are a wreck. Why do I have two off white sofas in a house with one kid and three dogs, you ask? Because I ordered them while my brain was still awash in a postpartum estrogen bath and I was certifiable insane. Anyway, I've been mildly throw pillow obsessed for some time as I needed a decorative accessory to draw the eye away from the random pen marks, stains, etc.
Have you shopped for pillows lately? They're so expensive. Like why-don't you-just-buy-a-new-sofa expensive. Especially if you want them in size gigantic. But I've found a way to beat the system. Look at this:
I have two seating areas in my living room. One is around the fireplace. The other is around the TV. I won't tell you which one gets more use. Sadly, the off white sofas that anchor each seating area are a wreck. Why do I have two off white sofas in a house with one kid and three dogs, you ask? Because I ordered them while my brain was still awash in a postpartum estrogen bath and I was certifiable insane. Anyway, I've been mildly throw pillow obsessed for some time as I needed a decorative accessory to draw the eye away from the random pen marks, stains, etc.
Have you shopped for pillows lately? They're so expensive. Like why-don't you-just-buy-a-new-sofa expensive. Especially if you want them in size gigantic. But I've found a way to beat the system. Look at this:

Right? Right?
They're European sized (26x26) pillow shams for a bed. These are from the Pottery Barn. They've got a pick-stitch texture that you can't really see in the photo. And here's the thing. The shams were on sale for $35 (originally $39) each and rather than buy the pillow inserts at the same time for $24 each, I went down to the Home Goods where they were sitting there waiting for me at the bargain price of $10 a piece. That's $90 for two gigantic, super comfy pillows that beg to be snuggled with. And the covers are easily removable and washable.
You get what a bargain that is, don't you? And all because I shopped in the bedding section. I'd encourage you to do the same thing if you need a living room spruce up.
Even Mr. Blyleaf really likes them. I know because when I revealed them, I belive his exact words were, "Wow! Does this mean we can stop talking about pillows?" Which I think, in boy language, means they look great.
No comments:
Post a Comment