Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Episode Where I Share My Questionable Viewing Choices With A Nation

Check Spelling
I did it again. American Idol. I watched it. I did.

I used to be so much cooler. I mean, not really. But I was never quite this totally lame. Listen to how totally lame I am. First I recorded it. Then, after I got Lauren to bed, I watched it, despite the fact that the Bruins were just beginning their third period. Not only that, but I paused it between each performance to share my analysis with Mr. Blyleaf. I tend to make really astute observations like, "If we were at a wedding, I'd totally be hitting the buffet right now," and ,"I think that fella is confusing Jesus with the Wizard of Oz." You know, important musically things. It's not a gift I asked for, but I cherish it.

Oh, so how about the young fella with the mullet? The guy Ellen had labeled an unripe banana. I was so inspired by him. He was super uncomfortable last week and he knew it and we knew it and the judges all knew it. Now, I would have dealt with my uncomfortableness by moping around, telling myself what a loser I am and how I'm never going to be The Next American Idol. And by using words that don't exist like "uncomfortableness." But do you know what The Mullet Guy did? He got himself a guitar and a stool. Props! So he'd have something to do with his hands- and the rest of himself. Fantastic! And do you know what? I wasn't worried about how he was feeling and just listened to him. He sounded great. Super unique-y. Good for you The Mullet Guy.

My favorite, Lee Dewyze, continues to be my favorite. And how super cute to pull up your pants in the middle of a song. That should totally be his signature move.

But, hey, what happened to my runner up, Scarf Guy? You know, the one who sang the Jason Mraz song last week. Is it my imagination or was he not there last night? Where'd you go, Scarf Guy? I know they've got judges and the whole call this number if you like whoever thing, but can't you do a challenge and get immunity or something? I've got to find out how this program works.

Then I watched a little Parenthood. I wasn't going to out of pure defiance. All of that advertising during the Olympics- it was too much. But I did watch it- out of pure boredom. Didn't care for it. Too dark. But I loved Lauren Graham on Gilmore Girls and just want to say this... She appears to be aging naturally. No, no, no! It's a compliment. She looks way better than the ladies who have that molded plastic look. I was so pleasantly surprised. Good for you, Lauren Graham.