I left the house this morning with a cut on my finger. I took my little cut, completely exposed, to the elementary school, the car repair place, and the grocery store. So I'll need to type fast in order to finish this up before infection sets in and I have to be rushed to the hospital.
The car repair place wasn't initially on my agenda. I was going to drop Lauren at school then run to the grocery store. But when I got in the car I remembered that I had several warning lights on that needed attention. They're so obnoxiously vague, those warning lights. ABS? What about ABS? Could you be more specific? Rectangle with funny bumpy things? What are you trying to tell me? Why not skip the obscure references all together and just flash the appropriate number of dollar signs at me. You're my car; I think it's important our relationship be built on trust, open communication, and really deep cup holders.
So after I dropped Lauren, I swung by the car place. After all, I missed them. I hadn't been in since Monday. Monday. I'm being dramatic because that's my love language. In reality (if you're into that sort of thing) everything was OK. The lights mysteriously turned off when a professional mechanic sat down in the driver's seat (they're coy, those sassy lights) so they gave me a splash of brake fluid and we had a nice talk about my car's front end. Our talk included interesting things like sway bars, ring thingies... I don't really know. I was only making eye contact and nodding to be polite. I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet. Plus, I'm not remotely interested in cars. Not even my own. They were asking a lot of me. But I made an effort because I have super nice car people and I appreciated their help. Sometimes when something goes wrong like that, it's a great opportunity to just enjoy people being nice to you. On the downside, I made a sad realization. This morning, I wasn't wearing my cute jeans. I had on my hang around the house jeans. And since the car people were super sweet to me despite that, I can only conclude that the car people are just super sweet and my cute jeans don't have the magical powers I thought they did.
I learn something new every day. Just like Martha Stewart.
You can imagine that by the time I got to the grocery store I was super hungry. I don't have to tell you what that means. You already know, don't you? Mr. Blyleaf, if you're reading this, we're having nachos with a side of maraschino cherries for dinner. Well, you know how it is, you walk in there hungry and with no shopping list and there's no telling what you'll end up with. In fairness, I make nachos with a dollop of Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, so it's like health food. I recommend it for anyone out there who is dieting. I also use Paul Newman Pineapple Salsa. So it's all for a good cause. You eat dinner with me and your actually helping people. It's sort of like I have my own ministry. I don't think that's an exaggeration.
So do you want to talk about clothes? Because, honestly, all I can think of is macaroni and cheese.
OK, what do you think of this from j.jill?

I want to pull the trigger, but I have two serious concerns. Let me share them with you now:
A) This is a super cute outfit, but is it too reminiscent of the 80's? I just don't know. What if I swapped out the distressed denim for a dark rinse? Because I'm finding myself remembering my acid wash denim jacket from Chess King circa 1986. That can't be good.
And two, for how long can I wear the boot? I mean, reasonably. I'm not Rachael Billson running out for a Starbucks in West Hollywood. There are limits and parameters (Why use one word, when there are two available?) within which I must function.
Oh, also cute.

It reminds me of an outfit Diane Lane would wear around the house in that movie where she has the affair with the book guy. She has both a khaki and a black trench in that movie. Diane made some bad choices in that film, but buying an essential basic in two timeless neutrals was not one of them.
Now let's accessorize.

Check out these glasses. Aren't they cute?

I don't wear my glasses very often, but I'm thinking it's time for a new pair. These are from the LensCrafters. Before you get too excited, you should know they are approximately the most expensive pair in the store. I have a knack for being drawn to the most expensive everything. In fact, I'm so good at it, it's become like a superpower.
Well, that's all. I'm thinking of "Fashion Friday: The Molly Ringwald Episode" for next week. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment