Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Open Wound Episode

Hey, y'all look.



Eeeew. I know.

My big man had a clump of fur out of place on Saturday night and went I went to smooth it out I found that.

I clipped the hair away from it and washed it, but it wasn't getting any better so I took him to the vet this morning. She's not entirely sure what caused it. Are you thinking tick bite? I was thinking tick bite. But she says it's more likely to be an allergic reaction exacerbated by all the damp weather we've experienced lately. He also had some discharge around his eyes and a funny speck on his muzzle which I hadn't picked up on. Well, he's in constant motion so it's hard.

Anyway, he's been prescribed Cefpodoxime and Neo-Predef Powder. He should be fine within two weeks.

Now I must wrap this up because A) I'm standing up doing this which is tres uncomfortable and B) I can hardly hear myself think. The oil guy is here and the dogs are freaking out. Because there's nothing scarier than a harmless little guy in overalls driving around with a truck full of fossil fuels, I guess. Oh well, in about $500 it will all be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment